Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 23

Sunday, December 11, 2011
Today has been a good day!! They sat Bob up in a chair today and he was up for about an hour. We put on his glasses so he could see and he was very responsive. We got a couple of smiles out of him too. The best news of today is that Dr. Welling, the neuro surgeon, told us today that when Bob came in that first afternoon, his coma score was a 3 - 95% of all patients with that score do not live. Bob is one of the 5% that made it!! As the doctor was leaving, I just jokingly said that we are hoping for a Christmas miracle and he turned around and smiled and said that we already got it!! I am feeling so blessed and so lucky today for miracles, for prayers answered, for wonderful friends and family, for doctors and hospitals, for a loving Heavenly Father that saw fit to bless me with my wonderful husband for lots more years to come!! Now we know why the doctor was so cautious that first night and didn't seem too positive with us, it all made sense today. It is still going to be a long road but I know with help from great people and prayers being answered in our behalf, we can make it!! Bob is tough, he is a fighter and he will do it! The plan for tomorrow is that he will be moved to Promise, so I will keep you updated. Thanks so much, now we can all say that we have witnessed a Christmas miracle!! Please keep prayers coming, see what they can do? Love to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your up-dates. I check often and it makes my day to hear your little miracles.

    ReplyDelete